Carrier Relations Representative
Who We Are
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We’re tackling the problems international shippers and carriers have faced for years by delivering seamless and modern transportation solutions to our customers.
But if we’re going to keep changing the logistics game, we need a larger team of game changers who enjoy working hard almost as much as they enjoy free nitro cold brew on tap (which we have, in case that was too subtle).
Who You Are
You are a highly motived, high-achieving individual with sales experience who makes every customer interaction count. You’re a resourceful problem solver with a knack for finding creative solutions, and you thrive on going above and beyond in a fast-paced environment.
You want your opinions to be heard and valued, your accomplishments celebrated, and your breakfasts catered every Friday (which we also have, just throwing that out there).
Some of the Things You’ll Do:
- Build relationships and develop a network of reliable carriers
- Manage uncovered loads and clear the load board before the end of every day, ensuring on-time pickups for all customers.
- Make calls to carriers and drivers to track loads while they are en route.
- Assist sales/operations in pricing freight.
- Discuss account strategy with carrier relations manager
- Contribute to an environment that empowers individuals while building a strong sense of team.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the carrier market and ability to identify trends.
What You Need:
- Demonstrable skill and experience in mentoring or leadership in one-on-one and team situations.
- Strong work ethic and persistence combined with patience and a positive attitude.
- Well established organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail.
- Capability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Creativity and resourcefulness to and resolve issues efficiently.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial type willing to take initiative and do what needs to be done.
- 1+ years of experience building carrier relationships and/or booking loads in a freight brokerage or similar environment.
- Bilingual (Spanish or French) a HUGE plus.
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive base pay and a generous commission structure
- Benefits package with 401k, dental, and opportunities for continuing education
- A cool office in Fulton Market – and not “ping pong table and a coffee maker” cool but “fancy latte machine, fully stocked pantry, and regular team events” cool.
- A fast-paced startup environment with endless opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career path.