Sr. Software Engineer
Who We Are
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We’re tackling the problems international shippers and carriers have faced for years by delivering seamless and modern transportation solutions to our customers.
But if we’re going to keep changing the logistics game, we need a larger team of game changers who enjoy working hard almost as much as they enjoy free nitro cold brew on tap (which we have, in case that was too subtle).
Who You Are
You are a highly motived, high-achieving individual with sales experience who makes every customer interaction count. You’re a resourceful problem solver with a knack for finding creative solutions, and you thrive on going above and beyond in a fast-paced environment.
You want your opinions to be heard and valued, your accomplishments celebrated, and your breakfasts catered every Friday (which we also have, just throwing that out there).
What We Believe In (for real, not just in our job posting)
- Transparency and Fairness
- Support and Trust in our Team and Management
- Titles aren’t important, and the ideas of an Intern are as valid (and wanted) as the CEO’s
- Investing in our Team’s Growth and Advancement
- Getting Stuff Done - without Compromising on any of the above
Our Tech Stack:
- React (Hooks ftw!)
- Node.JS / Express
- AWS EC2 / RDS / S3
- And more as we grow, which you will have a direct impact on
Some of the Things You’ll Do:
- Be a key hands-on contributor to implementation of new products and features across the entire stack
- Build, test, and support new features/bug fixes in our core application and others to follow
- Code reviews and mentoring for your fellow team members
- Have an active role in crafting technical and product strategy
- Work closely with a small talented team of engineers, focused on building and managing core front-end and backend services
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Working directly with the founding team building the future of the company together
- Tackle ambiguous tasks with sound judgement
What you need:
- 6+ Year of Software Engineering experience (Preferably with our Stack)
- Solid knowledge of React, Node/Express, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with TDD and JS testing frameworks like Jest
- Experience integrating apps with RESTful API's
It’d be Great if you have Experience With:
- Implementing Auth0
- AWS Platform Including EC2, RDS, and S3
- Startup Environments
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with the Logistics/Freight Industry
- Design and UI/UX Skills
- Experience with Figma/Invision
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive base pay and a generous commission structure
- Benefits package with 401k, dental, and opportunities for continuing education
- A cool office in Fulton Market – and not “ping pong table and a coffee maker” cool but “fancy latte machine, fully stocked pantry, and regular team events” cool.
- A fast-paced startup environment with endless opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career path.