Who We Are
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We’re tackling the problems international shippers and carriers have faced for years by delivering seamless and modern transportation solutions to our customers.
But if we’re going to keep changing the logistics game, we need a larger team of game changers who enjoy working hard almost as much as they enjoy free nitro cold brew on tap (which we have, in case that was too subtle).
Who You Are
You are a highly motived, high-achieving individual with sales experience who makes every customer interaction count. You’re a resourceful problem solver with a knack for finding creative solutions, and you thrive on going above and beyond in a fast-paced environment.
You want your opinions to be heard and valued, your accomplishments celebrated, and your breakfasts catered every Friday (which we also have, just throwing that out there).
Some of the Things You’ll Do:
- Receive and review invoices and relevant paperwork for freight Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, in addition to performing other general accounting functions
- Ensure timely collection and payment of all outstanding invoices
- Track and monitor aging and past due receivables
- Help manage vendor and customer onboarding and system entry
- Coordinate with various vendors, carriers, and customers regarding invoicing and billing
- Monitor inventory and purchase office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc.
What You Need:
- Associates Degree or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in an office environment.
- Experience working with QuickBooks online and/or other accounting software a plus.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and persistence combined with patience and a positive attitude.
- Well established organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail.
- Capability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Creativity and resourcefulness to resolve issues efficiently and constantly take initiative.
- Highly effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Entrepreneurial type willing to take initiative and do what needs to be done.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive base pay and a generous commission structure
- Benefits package with 401k, dental, and opportunities for continuing education
- A cool office in Fulton Market – and not “ping pong table and a coffee maker” cool but “fancy latte machine, fully stocked pantry, and regular team events” cool.
- A fast-paced startup environment with endless opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career path.