Forager Logistics was founded with the goal of making it easier for shippers to transport their products between the US and both Mexico and Canada, with a focus on servicing the most complex supply chain networks. By specializing in the most challenging freight, Forager Logistics sets itself apart from the industry and is uniquely primed for success.
The Carrier Relations Representative at Forager Logistics will be a key contributor on a team charged with finding and onboarding carriers while building positive, productive relationships in order to cover all the freight and lanes required to service our customers’ freight.
DAILY TASKS & OPPORTUNITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Build relationships and develop a network of reliable carriers
- Manage uncovered loads and clear the load board before the end of every day, ensuring on-time pickups for all customers.
- Assist sales/operations in pricing freight.
- Discuss account strategy with carrier relations manager
- Contribute to an environment that empowers individuals while building a strong sense of team.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the carrier market and ability to identify trends.
EXPERIENCE and Language:
- 1+ years of experience building carrier relationships and/or booking loads in a freight brokerage or similar environment.
- Bilingual (Spanish or French) a HUGE plus.
IMPORTANT ATTRIBUTES and SKILL SETS:
- Demonstrable skill and experience in mentoring or leadership in one-on-one and team situations.
- Strong work ethic and persistence combined with patience and a positive attitude.
- Well established organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail.
- Capability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Creativity and resourcefulness to and resolve issues efficiently.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial type willing to take initiative and do what needs to be done.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- Highly competitive Salary + Bonus pay structure
- Fortune 500 level benefits package
- Unique, office space in the trendy Fulton Market District
- Exciting startup environment with happy hours and team lunches