Who We Are
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We’re tackling the problems international shippers and carriers have faced for years by delivering seamless and modern transportation solutions to our customers.
But if we’re going to keep changing the logistics game, we need a larger team of game changers who enjoy working hard almost as much as they enjoy free nitro cold brew on tap (which we have, in case that was too subtle).
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated, high-achieving individual with sales experience who makes every interaction count. You’re a resourceful problem solver with a knack for finding creative solutions, and you thrive on going above and beyond in a fast-paced environment.
You want your opinions to be heard and valued, your accomplishments celebrated, and your breakfasts catered every Friday (which we also have, just throwing that out there).
Some of the Things You’ll Do:
- Work with our different departments to understand their hiring needs and growth goals to design and execute an overall recruiting strategy
- Create and continuously update job descriptions
- Post jobs to existing recruitment job boards while evaluating our current outreach and researching additional outlets.
- Manage an applicant tracking system
- Evaluate applications received for relevant knowledge, experience, skills and aptitudes
- Schedule and conduct initial phone screenings as well as scheduling subsequent interviews.
- Act as the main point of contact for all job applicants
- Assist the management team with employee engagement of current employees
- Ferociously champion the Forager culture
- Collaborate with the management team on training schedules and programs
- Prepare, negotiate, track and file offer packets
- Welcome employees during their orientation day, including managing onboarding in HRIS system
What You Need:
- 2-5 years of experience as a recruiter, team leadership preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in an office environment
- Advanced knowledge of current recruiting platforms
- Superior questioning and interviewing skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; personable and professional
- Experience using MS Office products including Word, Excel Outlook and PowerPoint
What We Offer:
- Highly competitive base pay and a generous commission structure
- Benefits package with 401k, dental, and opportunities for continuing education
- A cool office in Fulton Market – and not “ping pong table and a coffee maker” cool but “fancy latte machine, fully stocked pantry, and regular team events” cool.
- A fast-paced startup environment with endless opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career path.